this weekend i spent in innsbruck which is a small town in austria – it was a gift of mine for my mums birthday! we had two amazing days there, but since i was sick the whole time i didn´t feel like taking pictures (or being in one actually).
so this is the only picture i can show you, taken right before we left:
jeans: pull and bear, sweater: h&m, necklace: h&m, watch: michael kors
we stayed at this hotel, right in the middle of innsbruck (they have AMAZING breakfast and a great bar at the top floor there):
i can only recommend both places, but the restaurant sitzwohl has really high prices, so if you don´t want to spend a lot of money for your dinner you should go somewhere else – other than that, the food and service there was great!
this was my last day in budapest and i finally had time to visit the city a little.
during my trip, my mind about budapest changed completely. at first, i thought that it was a glorious city once, but there is not enough money in hungary to keep the buildings renovated and as beautiful as they were – and i was right with this opinion, but i can see the true beauty of budapest now as well.
view over the buda part of the city from the gellert hill
the magnificent buildings get a mysterious touch through their crumbly facades, there are flower shops everywhere around the city and i believe that budapest has to be the greenest place in europe around summertime because you see trees and parks simply everywhere. for every house there are 3 trees, it seems.
i couldn´t really take pictures because i did a hop-on hop-off tour, so i have to preserve the beautiful images in my mind somehow – do you know this feeling when you see something so surreal and overwhelming, it simply takes your breath away? that´s how i felt today! even though i couldn´t take great pictures, enjoy the ones i captured over the past days:
with the sun on my side.
west end shopping center – 3000 brands in over 300 shops
ready for business
isn´t this a great lamp? maybe one of the next diy projects…
today afternoon i got to budapest and managed to take a few snapshots! as far as i can say right now, budapest is a beautiful city but it´s a lot different from what i´m used to in austria – but i still have 2 more days here and i definitely want to check out the biggest shopping centre in europe with 400 shops, west end city center or one of the newer ones in the heart of the city!
1. bring the coolest stuff out of your closet, you can never be overdressed in paris – and my style for these days was way to comfy for the parisian taste.
2. don´t go to the big, expensive and well known restaurants – look around for cute little bistros, you will get good food everywhere in paris but pay less and have a nicer, original atmosphere
3. don´t wear heels, as long as you are planning on really seeing something of this huge city – you will get the most out of your visit when you do the sightseeing by foot
4. don´t be sad when you are not able to buy something cute – there is such a wide range on things, thousands of shops and boutiques and i was completely unable to cope with the overextended choice of things.
5. on sundays, nearly everything is closed in paris – but there is a HUGE food market at the rue richard lenoir which is worth a visit:
6. we decided to make a riverboat cruise on the seine and it was simply beautiful and you get a completely different and romantic view on paris:
7. don´t try the famous crepes anywhere on the street, go to a cafe for that! we tried them at some little street shop and hated them, my bf will never eat one again in his life!
8. in the morning, get yourself some delicious coffee and croissants:
have fun in paris and take a look at some of my favorite shots,
first walk around – was definitely dressed too cold since there was a freezing breeze!
such nice flower shops everywhere around paris
menu of the restaurant we spent our first evening at – „Chez Paul„, 13 rue de Charonne i can only recommend it since it is a typical parisian restaurant, very nice and romantic interior and really good steak tartar
ready to go sightseeing – eiffeltower
a different view
happier than ever – finally up there! my bf forced me to go up the eiffeltower by foot since he didn´t want to wait in line for the elevator for more than 2 hours! but it wasn´t really that bad, we climbed up there for 10 minutes, it was much cheaper than going by lift and we didn´t have to wait at all!
and yes, our lock is there right now as well!
best dinner ever!
we went there the weekend after steve jobs died – see how sad everybody was.
toilet paper, just too cute
colette is a concept store at rue st. honoré. we went there because a friend of mine told me it´s a MUST when you go to paris and she was right – this store is just amazing and they offer the coolest stuff you don´t get anywhere else, from fashion to headphones to shoes to cosmetics and other things like candles etc. etc. etc.
rue st. honoré.
does anybody know whats in this building?
ready for the last dinner in paris.
and this is where we had it – such a nice little restaurant in an old pharmacy.