1. bring the coolest stuff out of your closet, you can never be overdressed in paris – and my style for these days was way to comfy for the parisian taste.
2. don´t go to the big, expensive and well known restaurants – look around for cute little bistros, you will get good food everywhere in paris but pay less and have a nicer, original atmosphere
3. don´t wear heels, as long as you are planning on really seeing something of this huge city – you will get the most out of your visit when you do the sightseeing by foot
4. don´t be sad when you are not able to buy something cute – there is such a wide range on things, thousands of shops and boutiques and i was completely unable to cope with the overextended choice of things.
5. on sundays, nearly everything is closed in paris – but there is a HUGE food market at the rue richard lenoir which is worth a visit:
6. we decided to make a riverboat cruise on the seine and it was simply beautiful and you get a completely different and romantic view on paris:
7. don´t try the famous crepes anywhere on the street, go to a cafe for that! we tried them at some little street shop and hated them, my bf will never eat one again in his life!
8. in the morning, get yourself some delicious coffee and croissants:
have fun in paris and take a look at some of my favorite shots,
first walk around – was definitely dressed too cold since there was a freezing breeze!
such nice flower shops everywhere around paris
menu of the restaurant we spent our first evening at – “Chez Paul“, 13 rue de Charonne i can only recommend it since it is a typical parisian restaurant, very nice and romantic interior and really good steak tartar
ready to go sightseeing – eiffeltower
a different view
happier than ever – finally up there! my bf forced me to go up the eiffeltower by foot since he didn´t want to wait in line for the elevator for more than 2 hours! but it wasn´t really that bad, we climbed up there for 10 minutes, it was much cheaper than going by lift and we didn´t have to wait at all!
and yes, our lock is there right now as well!
best dinner ever!
we went there the weekend after steve jobs died – see how sad everybody was.
toilet paper, just too cute
colette is a concept store at rue st. honoré. we went there because a friend of mine told me it´s a MUST when you go to paris and she was right – this store is just amazing and they offer the coolest stuff you don´t get anywhere else, from fashion to headphones to shoes to cosmetics and other things like candles etc. etc. etc.
rue st. honoré.
does anybody know whats in this building?
ready for the last dinner in paris.
and this is where we had it – such a nice little restaurant in an old pharmacy.
this book covers the whole finale show of last season´s “Germanys Next Topmodel”.
now, i know that heidi and her team of ever changing but always hyped up, artificial jury still has a lot of fans – and i have to admit, i really loved the show in the beginning, but when heidi´s voice became higher, her laughter getting louder and more annoying and her comments about the girls more invidious with each season, she definitely lost me as a fan.
so much the better i liked this idea in the small yellow book with the cryptic name:
“this is the day you will still tell your grandchildren about.”
two students of the HTW berlin recorded and typed every single word (including squeaks, high and nosy laughter and commercial breaks) of the showfinale for their term paper in communication design.
so know, everybody who wants to relive the show the “intellectual” way can read the whole book here on issuu.com
and trust me, words written on paper are much more truth revealing and unforgiving than spoken out loudly.
my thoughts are always wandering around, thinking about beautiful stuff to purchase. most of the time i forget about them pretty soon, which is really good for my account balance, but some of the things get stuck in my mind and these are some of the things i decided to get myself in the next time for sure: