this whole week i´ve been waiting, nervous like a little child, calling my mom every two minutes: mommy, has my glossybox arrived yet???
she never came until today – YESSS (i thought), i came home and there she was. lying patiently around, looking cute and waiting for me.
this time, the package was more of a subtle princess pink and not as strong as last time.
like a little bonbon and i liked it. (see glossybox of january here)
unwrapping, i was curious if i might have the same stuff inside as i had seen on other blogs that got the box before me this time.
so what was inside this time?
first, a compact eyeshadow in a nice grey from cosline, a for me unknown brand.
but it is a nice color and fits my other shades so i will definitely use it.
the texture is very creamy so it should be easy to handle.
then a mask from swiss haircare for weak and thin hair – just perfect for me, i always have problems with the volume of my hair, after 2 hours it looks like spaghetti!
a new hairspray in a compact size from l´oréal, perfect for my handbag!
closer look at the eyeshadow
an issey miyake scent, also in a nice size and smells very good – comes in handy when you want to refresh yourself in summer.
and last not least a nailpolish from the brand jessica in a nice pink, and that´s a shade i didn´t own yet – so that was a really nice surprise!
overall i am again pretty happy with my glossybox of february 2012 and can´t wait for the next one!
i am pleased with all the products but i really like the swiss haircare and the nailpolish in this nice colour! also, my daily make up routine consists of shades of grey, so the cosline shadow stick fits me very well!
1. bring the coolest stuff out of your closet, you can never be overdressed in paris – and my style for these days was way to comfy for the parisian taste.
2. don´t go to the big, expensive and well known restaurants – look around for cute little bistros, you will get good food everywhere in paris but pay less and have a nicer, original atmosphere
3. don´t wear heels, as long as you are planning on really seeing something of this huge city – you will get the most out of your visit when you do the sightseeing by foot
4. don´t be sad when you are not able to buy something cute – there is such a wide range on things, thousands of shops and boutiques and i was completely unable to cope with the overextended choice of things.
5. on sundays, nearly everything is closed in paris – but there is a HUGE food market at the rue richard lenoir which is worth a visit:
6. we decided to make a riverboat cruise on the seine and it was simply beautiful and you get a completely different and romantic view on paris:
7. don´t try the famous crepes anywhere on the street, go to a cafe for that! we tried them at some little street shop and hated them, my bf will never eat one again in his life!
8. in the morning, get yourself some delicious coffee and croissants:
have fun in paris and take a look at some of my favorite shots,
first walk around – was definitely dressed too cold since there was a freezing breeze!
such nice flower shops everywhere around paris
menu of the restaurant we spent our first evening at – “Chez Paul“, 13 rue de Charonne i can only recommend it since it is a typical parisian restaurant, very nice and romantic interior and really good steak tartar
ready to go sightseeing – eiffeltower
a different view
happier than ever – finally up there! my bf forced me to go up the eiffeltower by foot since he didn´t want to wait in line for the elevator for more than 2 hours! but it wasn´t really that bad, we climbed up there for 10 minutes, it was much cheaper than going by lift and we didn´t have to wait at all!
and yes, our lock is there right now as well!
best dinner ever!
we went there the weekend after steve jobs died – see how sad everybody was.
toilet paper, just too cute
colette is a concept store at rue st. honoré. we went there because a friend of mine told me it´s a MUST when you go to paris and she was right – this store is just amazing and they offer the coolest stuff you don´t get anywhere else, from fashion to headphones to shoes to cosmetics and other things like candles etc. etc. etc.
rue st. honoré.
does anybody know whats in this building?
ready for the last dinner in paris.
and this is where we had it – such a nice little restaurant in an old pharmacy.